We need your help!
The Wisconsin Automotive Truck Education Association (WATEA) is looking for members like YOU to join our group.
What is WATEA?
WATEA is a group of like minded individuals and businesses in the automotive, truck, and transportation industry with the common goal to develop awareness of career paths and opportunities available in the automotive, truck, and transportation industry.
Why Join WATEA?
To help us improve and enhance the image of the automotive, truck, and transportation industry. It’s important that we recruit and retrain qualified candidates TODAY to insure we have candidates tomorrow!
Recruiting Our Youth TODAY For Qualified Candidates TOMORROW!
We work closely with area Technical Colleges and High Schools to support their auto, truck, and transportation programs. WATEA also supports local Youth Apprenticeship programs.
WATEA Is Dedicated To:
- Exposing youth to career opportunities within the automotive and
- Providing youth and schools with free information about career
paths in the automotive and truck industry, including participating
in career and job fairs, speaking in classrooms and with students,
and providing free written materials like the AutoMotives magazine
and posters for use in schools.
- Participating in and supporting youth apprenticeship and schoolto-
work programs in the automotive, truck, and related fields.
- Attracting qualified, skilled, trained technicians and workers for auto
and truck careers.
- Improving the image of the automotive and truck industries.
- Developing an educational system that will support successful
career paths in these fields.
- Encouraging ongoing and continuing education for all professionals
within the automotive and truck industries.
- Protecting and enhancing income potential for workers in the
automotive and truck industry.
- WATEA has already come a long way, but we need your help! If your
business or career choice is related to automotive or trucks, join us
in working together toward our common goals.
Our Long-Term Goals:
- Increase the number of students and adults considering careers in
the automotive and truck industry.
- Increase the number of technically trained, skilled workers entering
and continuing in the automotive and truck industry.
- Improve the overall image of the automotive and truck industry.
- Increase the number of automotive/truck workers who continue to
upgrade and develop their skills through continuing education and
development in their chosen career field.
- Improve the income potential of technicians and other auto/truck
industry related occupations.
- Create a seamless path for those interested in entering the industry -
from high school through vocational training to worksite.
What’s In It For You?
Well, besides the fact that you’ll be helping to dispel the outdated
image of industry workers as “grease monkeys” and replacing it with
the image of today’s technical professionals AND strengthening our
industry as a whole…
- Help us develop awareness of career paths and opportunities
available in the automotive and truck industry.
- Promote basic, technical, and continuing education for workers in
the automotive and truck industry.
- Help improve and enhance the image of the automotive and truck
- Help recruit and train skilled workers through involvement with
Youth Apprenticeship programs, vocational training, and continuing
education and training development in your area. Mentor youth and
help develop a whole new generation of technical professionals.
- Provide input into the training curriculum and requirements in your
area – help develop a career track that meets your changing needs
in the industry.
- Get involved in the schools–at the primary, secondary, or post highschool
level to share career information about automotive careers
with youth and adults.
- Stay current with educational needs and progress in the industry
with Your Quarterly Connection – the WATEA newsletter that will
keep you up to date on developments in automotive and truck
education, the automotive and truck industry, training programs,
and progress toward our goals. Delivered to you four times each
- Full access to all WATEA sponsored training programs and
seminars and information on other training events in your area.
- Participate in developing and funding scholarships for potential
- Help develop and link into a comprehensive website as a resource
for anyone interested in a career in the automotive and truck